Saturday, February 21, 2009

Date #2

When you live 3 hours and 15 min apart (with no traffic), dates tend to be few and far between but last an entire weekend. There are pros and cons to this. You get to spend a lot of time with the other person when you see them and get to know them well pretty quick, but it can be a bit of an emotional roller coaster. You spend 1-2 weeks getting excited, wishing time would pass faster, then the weekend comes and all you want to do is slow time down and make the weekend last longer, and then you spend a day or two depressed that you live 3 hours and 15 min apart and then you start building up to the next visit all over again. If Einstein were here, I'd give him a piece of my mind.

Tom came to visit me this weekend. It was a totally fun time. We went to dinner at Rustico for gluten free pizza and I forced Tom to drink a beer. Yep. Round one of the battle of wills contest, won by Joanne. :-) Rustico has an extensive beer selection, and I didn't want Tom to miss out on a beer just because I couldn't drink one. He finally caved and asked the waitress to pick out a beer for him and also picked out a bottle of wine for us to share. He then said something to the effect of "If I drink a beer will you believe me the next time I say I'd rather have wine?" I said "Yes" and now we have an understanding on the subject. He orders a beer when he wants one and I don't bug him about it. :-) After dinner, we met up with Theresa, Diego, John (Theresa's brother), Lori, and Steve at the State Theatre in Falls Church to see a Louisana band.


The rest of the weekend was spent biking, strolling around Old Town Alexandria including the Torpedo Factory, and making pancakes and waffles!

No comments: