Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!!

So it seems this year I'm getting totally spoiled and am having a birthday week! The celebrations kicked off last night with a party at Theresa's. It was so fun! Diego made sangria (my favorite!!) and Theresa got me a Carvel ice cream cake (minus the gluten filled crunchies in the middle)! It was awesome! I love ice cream cakes. Remember the days of Baskin Robbins ice cream birthday cakes with little Cabbage Patch Kid figurines in the top. Yep, about age 10 I think. :-)


Frauke, Steve, Shannon, and Mike were so thoughtful, making gluten free dishes to bring to the party and then giving me a box of gluten free goodies - most of which I've never tried before. Believe it or not, the gluten free market is growing and there are now more products out there than I can keep up with. But it is always fun to try new things and I now have a few weeks ahead of me of testing out new cookies, granola, pancake mix, and pasta! Yummy!


My actual birthday falls on bar night this week, which means a Happy Birthday chocolate waffle! Woo hoo! I'm also determined to visit Hello Cupcake, as my birthday is the perfect excuse, and then on Sunday my mom is cooking me a birthday dinner.

No question about it, I'm spoiled. And very lucky to have such awesome friends and family!

No comments: