Monday, October 8, 2007

Chocolate Eclairs are Worth Blowing the Diet For

Today we took the autobahn south into France. Past Strasbourg is a small charming town called Colmar, that we heard had good food and good shopping. And I would get to use some of my long forgotten french! I really need to refresh my memory on it and go back for a more extended visit.

We quickly realized once we arrived in Colmar that half the shops in France are closed on Monday (oops), but we found a few that satisfied our need to spend our euros and also found some delicious food. I told my mom when we passed the first patisserie that if I found chocolate eclairs, I was blowing my gluten free diet. And shortly before leaving town, I found the BEST chocolate eclair I have ever had. Worth it 100 times over again!



No comments: