Sunday, October 14, 2007

Emily & Jeremy Blow Through Prague

Earlier this summer, my friend Emily from swim practice moved to Vienna, Austria to teach at an international school there. Before she left, we planned to meet up in Prague while I was on my trip. So this weekend, she and her husband Jeremy took the train over and spent about 23 hrs. exploring the city with us. It was a whirlwind! They had read through their travel books on the train and knew exactly what they wanted to see (none of which I had seen yet), so as soon as they arrived, we took off to get it done. Saturday afternoon we covered the Prague Castle, the Old Town Square, St. Charles Bridge,
and St. Wenceslas Square. Then we had dinner at the place that had the good Mexican food (can you believe we went twice!) where Frank introduced them to his favorite Czech beer - it was a hit. This morning we covered St. Nicklaus Church, the Jewish Quarter,

and Emily checked her Budweiser and goulash boxes. And now, so sad, they are on their way back to Vienna. The rest of us leave Prague tomorrow morning. I head back home - trip over - and Mom, Bertie, and Jeff head to Florence for another 5 days of fun before returning to the real world - lucky them!

2 comments:

Emily said...

It was SO great seeing you...and I PROMISE that I will send an email with my blog and contact info...VERY soon :) Grades are due this week...so maybe early next week. Miss you already!

Unknown said...

Very interesting article. Prague is a truly charming city. It is full of beautiful squares, beautiful architecture, and beautiful art. I spent one week there. I really enjoyed my accommodation, because Prague hotels are not expensive and offers free transportation from airport. It is impossible for me to define my favorite sight in Prague, as there are so many and they are all worth seeing. The Charles Bridge, the Old Town Square, the Castle, and Malastrana are the major attractions, but you'll find historic sites and amazing architecture around every corner in this wonderful city. And you´ll find there one of the best beer in the world!!!