Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 1 as a Tourist - A Trip to Lucerne


The day after the race, having had enough of Zurich, Theresa, Betty (Amy's mom) and I decided to take the train to Lucerne, just 45 min away. We walked around the town, had lunch, and saw the "Swiss Lion" sculpture, which Mark Twain was quoted as saying was the saddest sculpture in the world (or something to that effect). The sculpure is a tribute to fallen swiss soldiers during the French revolution (or something to that effect). Clearly I paid attention! Theresa and Betty enjoyed the once in a lifetime opportunity to walk faster than me. :-)






Later that evening, back in Zurich, we caught up with Amy, her dad, and her friends Allison and Sarah (from England) for Mexican food - Swiss style. The mararitas were good. Can't say as I would recommend the food though. I think the Norwegians do better Mexican.


No comments: