Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Perfect Ending to the Trip

Theresa and I scored unrequested upgrades to business class for the flight home!! Woo hoo!! Shortly after passing through security in Munich to get our connecting flight to DC, we heard our names on the loudspeaker. We go to the desk, where they take our tickets and give us new ones. We looked at them over and over again while standing in the line to board for the economy section. Row 8 and 9, I knew that had to be at the front of the plane, but didn't see anything at first that indicated business class. But the longer I stared at the ticket, growing increasingly impatient with the long line to board, I found the word "business" right at the top of the ticket. SCORE!!! I pointed it out to Theresa and we simultaneously stepped right out of line and high fived as we passed through the business class boarding area (no line). What a difference it makes to spend 8 hours in business class as opposed to economy... if only I could be so lucky on every flight. We think it had something to do with the airlines overloading the United flights because of a Lufthansa strike.

1 comment:

RBK's Realm said...

Joanne,

Check out my blog as you have won something. I think you will enjoy it and do play along. :)