Monday, January 5, 2009

Girls Night

The great thing about the holidays is the people visiting from out of town that you don't see as often as you'd like to. Emily and Lisa - my former slacker lane mates from Tues/Thurs swim practices both moved away almost 2 years ago. Emily to Vienna, Austria and Lisa to San Francisco. But as luck would have it, they were both home visiting family for the holidays and we managed to have a slacker lane reunion - and NOT at the pool!

What started out as plans to just meet up for dinner on what was my last day of vacation, turned into dinner at a great Greek place near my house that I had no idea even existed, followed by a run through Blockbuster for a movie rental, a quick trip by Theresa's house to pick up a wetsuit she is generously giving Emily, and then back to my house for a crazy fun girls night!

I had a left over bottle of champagne from New Years Eve that the girls kindly agreed to kill for me. So we had drinks while trying to help Emily try on the wetsuit to make sure it fit. Then we decided that Emily, being out of the country for way too long, desperately needed a Facebook page so that we can keep better tabs on her! So after snapping the following quick picture of her in her new wetsuit, glass of champagne in hand, we set about the business of setting up her profile.

Once that mission was accomplished, we settled in with our bottle of champagne to watch Sex and the City. Love that movie! It was such a fun, random night. I'd forgotten just how much I missed having them around until I got to see them again. I think my new years resolution is to have more crazy times like this where you literally just laugh all night.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Laughter is the best medicine! Sounds like a gret New Years resolution.

Emily said...

ohhhhh we had SOOOO much fun!!! I miss you Joanne!