Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Pi Day Celebration

Pi Day - for those of you non-math geeks....is March 14th (3-14). Well to celebrate (a day late), and really as a good excuse to go spend quality time with my grandmother, I took my pi plate (and my Kitchen Aid mixer and all the ingredients) out to my grandmother's apartment in Herndon so that she could teach me how to make her famous graham cracker pie. Yum. I hadn't had it in at least 10 years, and had tried to make it once myself but it was a disaster. Expert instruction was definitely needed, and the challenge this time around was to use gluten free graham crackers. Grandmother and I spent the afternoon baking and catching up, and I got to hear stories about her and Granddaddy when they were dating, and stories of what it was like to live during the Great Depression...which seemed quite relevant to the economic struggles of today. After we had completed our pie, we went out to dinner and then came home to test out our creation. It was yummy!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Happy be-lated PI day. We engineers think of this as one of the greatest days of the year. Yep, geek speaking here (yep, geek not Greek).

Unknown said...

What-no mention of the PI Day workout?! I feel slighted :) It was fun to catch up on your blog; you crack me up!